2024 READING CHALLENGE

2024 Reading Challenge

2024 Reading Challenge
Tina has read 0 books toward her goal of 39 books.
hide

Saturday, May 31, 2008

REVIEW AND A NEW BOOK FROM Yvonne Collins and Sandy Rideout



I AM SO EXCITED!!!!!


I just found out that the authors of one of my favorite series (The Vivien Leigh Reid DIVA series) are going to release another great YOUNG ADULT book in July 2008. I have had the opportunity of occasionally exchanging emails with both of these authors and they have always been gracious and wonderful. www.collinsrideout.com


That's right, Canadian authors Yvonne Collins and Sandy Rideout (yes, they also have written two adult novels for Red Dress Ink I believe) are releasing:

Girl v. Boy in July 2008.




Since I have started this blog, I am amazed at how many of us love YOUNG ADULT novels (I always thought I was the only adult reading them!) and I wanted to give all of you the opportunity of discovering (if you have not already) this great writing team and their books.

I must admit to having a personal bias towards the Diva series (I have read all of them with great relish).


Here is my review of one of the last book in the Diva series. I ENCOURAGE YOU TO BUY THE WHOLE SERIES - you will not regret it.


I am such a huge fan of this series. I could not wait to get the latest installment and it did not disappoint. Once again our Vivien seems to get herself tangled up in the weirdest situations - she is back on TV - wearing a beast costume no less. The description of Vivien trying to a)believe that she has to be on national tv in a animal costume and b) Vivien's attempts at "being one" with the costume (tail and all) is hilarious. Vivien also may be finding love in this one or is she? While I really enjoyed the book, I missed the one on one moments that Vivien shared with her mother in the first book. For me, what works best in this series is the connection (sometimes tedious) between mother and daugher. With the twists in this book - Vivien and her mother seem to be heading towards less one on one and more family (by marriage) oriented themes - which I am not sure will work as well. However, the book is hilarious, our Vivien is her true self and this is a great purchase

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

Sounds like great books but great authors. I will have to check them out

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the My Time kit by Studio Thaty Borges