2024 READING CHALLENGE

2024 Reading Challenge

2024 Reading Challenge
Tina has read 0 books toward her goal of 39 books.
hide

Sunday, August 10, 2008

REVIEW for Hell Bent


TITLE: Hell Bent
AUTHOR: William Tapply
DATE: September 2008
GENRE: Mystery
RATING: 3 Stars
I have to start this review off by saying that I LOVE WILLIAM TAPPLY and I ADORE BRADY COYNE.

Hell Bent is the newest book in the Brady Coyne series. Brady has been away from Evie for 4 months and is bored - enter his ex-girlfriend and her brother - who bring along with them murder and mayhem.

The only problem is that the mayhem in Hell Bent is kept to a bare minimum. Although there are some great description of Brady Coyne moments - especially with his dog Henry - this book drags and drags. There is very little chemistry between any of the characters - I did not feel any heat between Brady and Alex and the Gus character is in the first third of the book only. Actually, the only fun relationship in this book was between Brady and Horowitz, who makes a return appearance from previous books.

I love reading about Brady and his home-cooked meals and his loving relationship with his dog, which, in itself, carries a lot of the Brady Coyne charms - but this book left me blah and with a nagging sense that now I will have to wait another year before I get a *more interesting* Brady Coyne novel.

I hate writing this review because I will always continue to read Tapply's books - but I have to be honest and say that, for me, this one did not do anything for me. Bring on the next Brady Coyne book.

1 comment:

Allison said...

I hate writing that kind of review to with books from series you love! but ..sometimes it happens!! Then..you just look forward to the next book!

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the My Time kit by Studio Thaty Borges