2024 READING CHALLENGE

2024 Reading Challenge

2024 Reading Challenge
Tina has read 0 books toward her goal of 39 books.
hide

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

REVIEW for Dating DaVinci





A big, big thank you to Malena Lott for sending me a copy her book!







TITLE: Dating DaVinci


AUTHOR: Malena Lott


GENRE: Contemporary Fiction


RATING: 3 Stars


Ramona has lost her husband and is a little lost herself. She has to take care of her kids but she also has to work for a living, as a teacher. On an ordinary day at school, in walks a poor student by the name of Davinci. She is 36 years old and he is 25 years old. He instantly falls for her and she for him.

Yet, things get complicated. Davinci is sexy and gorgeous, but he does not really fit in and Ramona finds herself the fantasy of yet another man - now, she must choose between the poor, Italian guy and the cultivated, sexy man. (I wish I had her problems!!!).

What draws me to this novel is the lost souls....they abound in this book and they somehow seem to find each other. I am not certain if Ramona really loves any of these men - or if they really, truly love her or feel the need to protect her - this was a very interesting aspect for me.

While the subject matter seems somewhat serious, there was a lot of humor in this book and I thoroughly enjoyed all of the main characters. The writing was fun and at the same time, touching and charming. This was a nice cold evening read.

3 comments:

RebekahC said...

Oooh, this sounds like a great book to curl up with this winter. Mmm mmm mmm ;)

Wall-to-wall books said...

This book sounds real good. I like books that are funny, and sad! Actually I just like books!
This one goes on my TBR list too.

Anonymous said...

I'm smiling at Wendy's comment, "actually, I just like books!" ;)

Another review I read also mentioned that *Dating DaVinci dealt with grief in a respectful way.

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the My Time kit by Studio Thaty Borges