2024 READING CHALLENGE

2024 Reading Challenge

2024 Reading Challenge
Tina has read 0 books toward her goal of 39 books.
hide

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

REVIEW for This Year's Model



TITLE: This Year's Model

AUTHOR: Carol Alt

GENRE: Chick Lit

DATE: 2008

RATING: 1 Star

I have read very good reviews on the book This Year’s Model, written by Supermodel Carol Alt. I also like Carol Alt, I think she is beautiful, but more importantly, smart and decided a long time ago, that she was not only going to be about beauty – but rather she was also going to use her brains. I like that!
So, its with very positive vibes that I started reading This Year’s Model. I really enjoyed the first few chapters. Then, something happened – the book starting dragging and all of a sudden, I felt myself completely disconnected for any of the characters, including Mac.

Although fashion is not a big deal for me, I usually always enjoy a good fashion-oriented chick lit read, but this one got very boring, very quickly.The writing style was okay, but the storyline got bogged down in petty details and I just could not phantom any type of interest in the story after the first few chapters. I thought the character of Mac was kind of beige and she did not shine through the storyline.

Sorry, this one is a miss for me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I never knew Carol Alt has written a book. To be honest, I'm not surprised to hear that it's not great.

Alea said...

Oh that's too bad! I haven't read it yet but hope i like it a bit more than you did!

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the My Time kit by Studio Thaty Borges