2024 READING CHALLENGE

2024 Reading Challenge

2024 Reading Challenge
Tina has read 0 books toward her goal of 39 books.
hide

Sunday, February 1, 2009

MOVIE Reviews -

MOVIE REVIEWS
I have been lucky enough to win tickets to two "chick lit" movies in the last few weeks.

As you can see, my movie preferences are quite similar to my reading ones!
Bride Wars starring Kate Hudson and Anne Hathaway was a cute movie. I thought the two leading men were so-so, considering the caliber of the female stars, it feels as though they could have picked better male leads (with the exception of the cutie brother guy).
I liked this movie, but I did not love it. Also, everytime I see something with Anne Hathaway in it I get so distracted - by her body - she has THE body I wish I had. She is built like a boy - and I am so jealous!!!!!
Rating: 3 Stars
New in Town, starring Renee Zellweger and Harry Connick, Jr. This one is extremely predictable, corny and over the top but I really, really liked it. I don't know if it was the setting (small village in the dead of winter) or the fact that I see Bridget Jones everytime I see Renee, but this movie touched me for some reason.

Of course, the fact that a gorgeous hunk like Harry Connick, Jr. just happened to be in the small town, happened to be available and happened to fall in love with her is totally incredible, but I still loved this one. I will definitely buying the DVD for my "chick lit" DVD collection - which includes:

The Devil Wears Prada
Bridget Jones 1 and 2
Miss Congeniality 1 and 2
Sex and the City the Movie (this one is a "must" for any chick lit fan)
Season 6 of Sex and the City
Ally McBeal
13 Going on 30
You've Got Mail
Princess Diaries
Rating for New in Town: 4 Stars

5 comments:

Shooting Stars Mag said...

Nice reviews. I liked Bride Wars too. It was fun and amusing. I really liked Steve Howey (Kate Hudsons' boyfriend) but her brother was great, I do agree!

I don't want to see New In Town. It doesn't look all that good to me, though I do like her in Bridget Diaries too.

-Lauren

Reyna Meinhardt said...

I watched "Bride Wars" and really liked it! I thought it was fun! I also would like to see "New in Town" and "Uninvited" bot look so good! I'm excited to watch them. Thanks for the review!

Reyna Meinhardt said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Wall-to-wall books said...

Bride wars, I have been wanting to see but I really really do not like Renee Zellweger, I do not know if I could watch that movie and get over her being in it! LOL

bermudaonion said...

I haven't heard of New in Town, but it looks interesting.

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the My Time kit by Studio Thaty Borges