2024 READING CHALLENGE

2024 Reading Challenge

2024 Reading Challenge
Tina has read 0 books toward her goal of 39 books.
hide

Friday, February 13, 2009

REVIEW for Beginner's Guide to Buddhist Meditation


Another huge thank you goes out to Rodmell Press - they have the most beautiful books I have ever seen. www.rodmellpress.com









TITLE: Beginner's Guide to Buddhist Meditation
AUTHOR: Christina Feldman
GENRE: Spirituality
RATING: 4 Stars

I have always felt challenged by meditation - I always feel as though I am not doing it properly! Along comes this wonderful book. Beginner's Guide to Buddhist Meditation is designed for the beginner - covering the basics in detail - which I feel has been extremely helpful to me.

Everything from where to meditate and how to medidate but what I love about this book is the fact that it covers more than just the obvious related to meditation. Indeed, this book also takes a detailed look at mindful eating (which I found very helpful), how to cope with life's stresses and many more day to day challenges that we face.

This book is straightforward and does not use intricate, complicated eastern words that the beginner may not understand - this book talked to me and I loved it.

1 comment:

Wall-to-wall books said...

This sounds like a GREAT book! I used to meditate all the time and I loved it! I did that instead of watching TV, now I just watch TV.

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the My Time kit by Studio Thaty Borges