2024 READING CHALLENGE

2024 Reading Challenge

2024 Reading Challenge
Tina has read 0 books toward her goal of 39 books.
hide

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

REVIEW for Fight for your Money



A big, big thank you goes out to Jessica at Random House for sending me this book. I love working with you!

TITLE: Fight For Your Money

AUTHOR: David Bach

GENRE: Personal Finance

RATING: 3 Stars

For more information: http://www.randomhouse.ca/catalog/display.pperl?isbn=9780385666237

I have read all of David Bach's books and I have enjoyed them all. After all, he is the person who convinced me to stop having a Starbucks Latté everyday on my way to work (I STILL can't quite believe how much money I was spending on those! every year).


I was extremely excited to read Fight For your Money. Especially at this time of year when taxes come around and I have to determine my finances for the upcoming year.Fight fo your Money is a little different than his other books. While the others all really focused on one topic i.e. retirement or home purchasing, Fight for your Money is how we can stop being ripped off - which, of course, is a way more general subject matter and covers off alot more ground.

The cover itself says: "Learn the Secrets Big Business Doesn't Want You to Know". I thought this was intriguing.As I started reading the book, I found myself searching for the big, mysterious, secrets that I should know - and frankly, nothing jumped out at me at all.I have to say that, for me, Fight for your Money feels like Bach sort of took all the old financial advice that we have been hearing/reading about for yours and just recycled it into his own book. There is alot of stuff in here that everyone has read somewhere else before. For example, he talks about credit cards and suggests: read the fine print, ask for a lower rate!Unfortunately, there is absolutely nothing new in this book.

For those looking for a refresher course, this is the perfect book - for those looking for some new ideas and tips, then you may need to seriously consider the purchase of this one.


I rated this book a 3 star because it never hurts to read/hear these suggestions again, but I think that David Bach is way better than this.

No comments:

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the My Time kit by Studio Thaty Borges