2024 READING CHALLENGE

2024 Reading Challenge

2024 Reading Challenge
Tina has read 0 books toward her goal of 39 books.
hide

Friday, March 6, 2009

REVIEW for Love Affairs for Grown Ups



Thank you to author Debby Holt for sending this book for review.






TITLE: Love Affairs for Grown Ups

AUTHOR: Debby Holt

GENRE: Chick Lit

RATING: 4 Stars

I am such a fan of chick lit and the British chick lit is where it all started! I was very excited to get Debby Holt's book Love Affairs for Grown Ups and I was not disappointed.

I refer to this book as chick lit, and to me, this is high praise, but what I love about this book is that this is chick lit for the readers who enjoy their characters a little more seasoned. There aren't that many characters in this book that are 20 somethings and that is part of the appeal of this book for me.

Indeed, the two main characters Katrina and Cornelius who are complete strangers when they meet and are "stuck" to travel together through France are absolutely a joy to read!

I love the way the author has put these two lost souls together and make them slowly get to know each other - all the good and all the bad.

The author also does a great job of detailing to us some of the experiences and the past that these two characters have lived that have brought them to where they are.

This relationship is rich and touching and the author has made a point of telling us that despite your "the baggage from the past" and despite the fact that these people are not "20 somethings" - they can still find each other and fall in love.

So touching and I loved it.

2 comments:

Wall-to-wall books said...

Wow, this sounds like such a good book. And you know I love chick-lit too! Although I haven't read one in a while, there alot on my list to read. This one will go there as well.
Thanks for the review.

bermudaonion said...

I like chick lit for the older reader too, but it can be hard to find.

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the My Time kit by Studio Thaty Borges