2024 READING CHALLENGE

2024 Reading Challenge

2024 Reading Challenge
Tina has read 0 books toward her goal of 39 books.
hide

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

REVIEW for 20/20 Money



Thank you goes out to Erika at John Wiley & Sons, Canada for sending me this extremely informative book to read and review!


TITLE: 20/20 Money

AUTHOR: Michael J. Hanson

GENRE: Personal Finance

RATING: 4 Stars

I think that John Wiley & Sons have some of the most informative and well written books on personal finance and 20/20 Money is another great addition to my personal finance library.

In 20/20 Money the author explores an aspect of finance that has always fascinated me - the "oneness" of the stock market, that is what I call the "almost sheep like mentality" when it comes to the stock market. Everytime I hear about a massive sell out of stocks I always ask myself "what would happen if everyone said to themselves "I am not selling this stock right now" - obviously, there would not be a massive sell off and the stock would remain strong (or at the least stronger).

In 20/20 Money, the author explores more than just the day to day ups and downs of the market, but also takes a close look at the relationship between the market and the psychology of the people involved in it - and the extremely close relationship between the two.

I found this the most fascinating part of this book. 20/20 Money is written in a concise and informative way - challenging us to look beyond the mere 1-2-3 of the stork market and to start investing in a different way - this book has its merits as I believe that we cannot continue to invest in the markets in the ways that we have been doing for the last 50 years???

I have taken down quite a few of the suggestions in this book and I intend to try them - I figure I may just get ahead of the game a little bit. This is a very informative book - if you are willing to think outside the box a little bit.



No comments:

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the My Time kit by Studio Thaty Borges