2024 READING CHALLENGE

2024 Reading Challenge

2024 Reading Challenge
Tina has read 0 books toward her goal of 39 books.
hide

Friday, July 10, 2009

REVIEW for How to Avoid the Investment Rip-Off



A big thank you goes out to Wiley & Sons for sending me this great book!


TITLE: Stop the Investing Rip Off

AUTHOR: David B. Loeper

GENRE: Personal Finance

RATING: 4 Stars

Unfortunately, I am at the age where retirement is looming in the future (okay, its still 12 years away - but still it feels pretty close). I have been reading up on retirement and more specifically on how to make every penny of my retirement money work for ME instead of for my broker, government or bank. This has proven to be quite the challenge as it seems as though every where you turn, someone is sticking their hand out wanting a chunk of your savings.

I was thrilled to discover Stop the Retirement Rip-Off. This is one of the best books I have read on this subject to date, especially since it takes a very step by step look at one of my huge pet peeves - hidden and not so hidden extra fees in the banking systems, governement or elsewhere. In fact, using 5 specific steps (which are all clearly explained in this book) author Loeper encourages us by telling us that WE ARE responsible for our money and that it is up to us to stay informed and on top of our money - and that by following his 5 steps and keeping our eyes open and keeping informed - we can avoir being ripped-off when it comes to our retirement.

This book is written for the lay person, there are no fancy financial terms here and the steps, suggestions and recommendations are all very logical and easily done. I highly recommend this book - it is very well worth the investment

1 comment:

Wall-to-wall books said...

Hmmm, I don't know, I just can't get excited about a "money" book.

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the My Time kit by Studio Thaty Borges