2024 READING CHALLENGE

2024 Reading Challenge

2024 Reading Challenge
Tina has read 0 books toward her goal of 39 books.
hide

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

REVIEW for Chasing Daisy

Thank you to Simon & Schuster UK for sending me a copy of this book!

TITLE: Chasing Daisy

AUTHOR: Paige Toon

GENRE: Chick lit

RATING: 2.5 stars



I had never read anything by Paige Toon before, but I am a huge fan of Brit chick lit (they are the best at it!) and was excited to read this one.

Our main character Daisy Rogers has a broken heart, her relationship has just ended - and this one mattered. She needs a change - away from her life, her family - she is soooo over men. So, what does she decide to do? travel around with the Formula One people! - right away, I had a bit of a problem with this premise. Here we have a main character who has vowed off men and then decides to change her life completely - by travelling in a world surrounded by men and testosterone!!!!!! But this is, after all, chick lit, so I decided to let this one pass.

Has Daisy gets use to her new life, she, of course, falls in love with someone else - a driver who is willing to put life and limb on the line for his love of speed. This turns Daisy's life upside down (again!) and now she needs to learn how to deal with this aspect. However, there is also a cool guy in the picture - which will she choose?

We also have the requisite - mom and dad are not that great and we have the wonderful and stand by your side girlfriend.

Nope, I just could not get into this one at all. The writing was stilted at times and felt stiff. Maybe its because I did not really like the main character???? This one just did not do it for me.

1 comment:

bermudaonion said...

I think I'll skip this one. Thanks for the review.

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the My Time kit by Studio Thaty Borges