2024 READING CHALLENGE

2024 Reading Challenge

2024 Reading Challenge
Tina has read 0 books toward her goal of 39 books.
hide

Sunday, September 20, 2009

REVIEW for Marrying George Clooney


Thank you goes out to Andie at Perseus Books for sending along this great book to me.




TITLE: Marrying George Clooney
AUTHOR: Amy Ferris

GENRE: Humour
RATING: 4 Stars
First of all, I have to say that the title of this one grabbed me. Although I have never had a huge George Clooney fantasy (everytime I see him I see this huge sign flashing on his forehead "COMMITMENT PHOBE") and that is enough for me to run the other way:) Rather my book would probably be titled "Marrying John Cusack" (which I am thinking is also a commitment phobe - but what the heck - its a fantasy).
However, from the very first sentence in this book, I fell in love with both the author Amy Ferris AND the writing. I am in my late 40's and people around me have been telling me about perimenopause and menopause for years - actually, it feels as though I have been preparing for menopause all my life.... Reading about Amy's restless nights and fantasies, as well as all her mid-life crisis experiences (both real and imagined) made me laugh, cry and basically feel a little braver about the approaching big M.
I love that this woman was brave enough to put it down on a paper and to share it with us - I am hoping that by doing this, it made Ferris own mid life crisis a little easier. There is nothing like sharing with another person to lessen the burden and to help another and I loved this book so much, I am going to make sure to give it to another person to enjoy.

5 comments:

Bingo said...

First, you will be fine with the BIG M! I have no problem except for an occasional hot flash but it wasn't bad. This does sound like a fun bool...and I too would want to read it just from the title..I mean, CLOONEY?!

cindysloveofbooks said...

Tina I am not a huge George fan either. Book sounds really good. I will have to look for it.

bermudaonion said...

I love the title of this book too!

Anonymous said...

thank you tina for the great review of my book!!!! wowowow!
amy ferris

Wall-to-wall books said...

Well... I was a huge "ER" fan, even long after he left the show!
Sounds like a cute book.

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the My Time kit by Studio Thaty Borges