2024 READING CHALLENGE

2024 Reading Challenge

2024 Reading Challenge
Tina has read 0 books toward her goal of 39 books.
hide

Monday, September 21, 2009

REVIEW for The Unemployed Millionaire


A great, big thank you goes out to Wiley & Sons for sending me this book. Wiley & Sons have some of the best non fiction books out there!






TITLE: The Unemployed Millionaire

AUTHOR: Matt Morris

GENRE: Personal Finance

RATING: 4 Stars
Having it had my own experiences with unemployment this summer and considering the situation in which many, many people find themselves, I believe this book comes at a a perfect time - the title alone inspires confidence and makes me want to read this book.
Matt Morris starts off his book by telling us that he was not born with a silver spoon in his mouth, but rather that he has been down and out and still managed to become a young millionaire. This was actually a nice take on the books that start with "I have been investing my babysitting money ever since I was 10".
Morris focuses mainly on how to make money, using the modern day techniques (such as the Internet) but also on how to focus on the happenings of today. i.e. make money using the current or upcoming trends or fads.
This book is completely different from all the other personal finance books i have read - it basically throws out the window the notion of having to save every penny and to patiently wait and wait for years until your money grows. Rather, this book encourages you to look at what is currently going on around you and capitalizing on that (ebay (a few years ago) would be a good example).

Morris helps you identify these trends, then helps with the analysis and the assessment of how realistic making money is with this particular trend and then encourages you to go for it - if it has potential. I particularly the Action Management section - in other words stop putting it on paper and start working it in real life.

I liked this book, I am not sure if I am ready and willing to do all that is needed, but I certainly felt very encouraged and inspired after reading this one and that is half the battle.

This book is loaded with practical tips and advice and I recommend for anyone who is "not willing to work for someone else".

1 comment:

Donna said...

Sounds very interesting, Tina. I'll look out for it.

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the My Time kit by Studio Thaty Borges