2024 READING CHALLENGE

2024 Reading Challenge

2024 Reading Challenge
Tina has read 0 books toward her goal of 39 books.
hide

Friday, November 13, 2009

REVIEW for Fan Mail

Thank you, thank Adam at Harlequin for sending me this book.







TITLE: Fan Mail

AUTHOR: P.D. Martin

GENRE: Thriller

RATING; 4 Stars

I had never read anything by author PD Martin but the first thing that immediately attracted me to this novel is the humour. I love that the author decided to give the main character Sophie a bit of a sense of humour - which although not overtly demonstrated is still there in the description and dialogues. Sophie is moving on, but not before she gets to meet Loretta who is a novelist looking for some "hands on" experiences of the FBI and their Behavioral Analysis Unit or as they say in the TV show Criminal Minds BAU (must easier to say and write).

However, shortly afer Sophie and Loretta's tour, Sophie learns that Loretta was brutally murdered and that she received a very odd piece of fan mail prior to her death - as a matter of fact this letter is appearing next to each murdered author as the work of a serial killer focusing on authors. Sophie must invetigate and in the middle of the investigation, she will end up discovering some scary information that will put her smack in the middle of the serial killer's path.

Although i can't say that this book reaches the peaks of "whodunnit", it nonetheless managed to keep me absolutely glued to the book until I found out who the killer was and WHY they did it. The pacing was very good and the writing was a lot of fun to read.

Although the author does give us some background on the FBI BAU unit, its kept too a minimum as is much of the "procedural" information which I am grateful for.

This book was alot of fun to read and I found myself a little annoyed that it ended.



1 comment:

Linda Nguyen said...

I haven't read anything from P.D. Martin before, but this book sounds good. If it weren't for your review, I don't think I would pick it up to read the back cover if I were to come across it at the bookstore.

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the My Time kit by Studio Thaty Borges