2024 READING CHALLENGE

2024 Reading Challenge

2024 Reading Challenge
Tina has read 0 books toward her goal of 39 books.
hide

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

REVIEW for I Want

A big thank you goes out to the author Jane Velez-Mitchell for sending me a copy of her book!







TITLE: I Want

AUTHOR: Jane Velez-Mitchell

GENRE: Memoir/Addiction/Recovery

RATING: 4 Stars



First of all, I would like to comment on the title of this book - for any addict the words "I Want" are usually our downfall - so I was immediately caught up with this title and thought how appropriate for a memoir on addiction and recovery.

I did not know who Jane Velez-Mitchell was, however, I love reading books on addiction and recovery and I Want sounded like a story that I needed to hear. I have read quite a few books of this type and I have to say that I Want was probably one of the most honest, down to the nitty gritty books in the genre.

Mitchell obviously pulls no punches as she details her progression to her addiction and makes no apologies about believing that the 12 step program saved her life. I loved reading this book because sprinkled throughout are little nuggets of wisdom - all the while 12 step "speak" and beliefs can be found.

I also must applaud Mitchell's willingness to open herself up so much - this book is quite raw at times and it is obvious that the author firmly believes in program - and she has no qualms in putting herself out there for all to read.

I loved reading this memoir and I congratulate Mitchell and wish her only the best in her continued sobriety - one day at a time.

1 comment:

bermudaonion said...

I admire someone who can tell their story like that, too. Hopefully it will help someone else.

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the My Time kit by Studio Thaty Borges