2024 READING CHALLENGE

2024 Reading Challenge

2024 Reading Challenge
Tina has read 0 books toward her goal of 39 books.
hide

Monday, November 2, 2009

REVIEW FOR Katie and the Spanish Princess

A big thank you goes out to HarperCollins for sending this wonderful book to me!!

TITLE: Katie and the Spanish Princess

AUTHOR: James Mayhew

GENRE: Children's Book

RATING: 4 Stars





As soon as I saw this book, I fell in love with it. It is absolutely beautiful - the illustrations are wonderful and the storyline is adorable. I sat down with my little niece and we read through the book as a bedtime story - twice.

Katie and the Spanish Princess is a sweet story about Katie is going to celebrate her birthday - but she needs a fancy dress! where better to be inspired than visiting an art gallery where Katie will get to explore and live in 5 paintings. Not only is the story extremely clever, it is also educational (although I did not mention that to my niece).

As I mentioned the illustrations are beautiful and it makes you want to slowly turn the pages and explore each illustration in great detail absolutely enchanting.

I loved, loved this book.

6 comments:

Wall-to-wall books said...

AWWW very cute. I love children"s books. I can't wait for grandchildren.

avisannschild said...

This sounds like a great book for my niece! What age range is it supposed to be for?

James Mayhew said...

Thank you!

James Mayhew
http://jamesmayhew-katiespictureshow.blogspot.com/

Tina said...

Avis, I am thinking the right age group would be around 4 or 5 - my niece is 4 and she loved it! Its definitely a girlie book though (which is totally fine with me).

avisannschild said...

Thanks, Tina. My niece is 6, so this might still work for her. She's also really interested in art!

avisannschild said...

Tina, just wanted to let you know that I bought this book for my niece for Christmas and apparently she loves it! (I haven't seen it yet.) Thank you for introducing me to this series!

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the My Time kit by Studio Thaty Borges