2024 READING CHALLENGE

2024 Reading Challenge

2024 Reading Challenge
Tina has read 0 books toward her goal of 39 books.
hide

Saturday, November 7, 2009

THIS AND THAT and THE BOOKS I RECEIVED THIS WEEK

I always enjoy reading the posts of other bloggers who blog about the books they received during the week. I had started doing this for a while and then stopped, but I thought I would try to get back into posting this every Saturday. So, here is what I received in the mail this week:





Monday:

Confessions of a Reluctant Recessionista by Amy Silver (this was an Ebay purchase);

L.M. Montgomery by Jane Urquhart (for review from Penguin Canada)

The Bicycle Diaries by David Byrne (for review from Penguin Canada)

Tuesday:


Checkout A life on the Tills by Anna Sam (Brit memoir) (for review from the author)

Lux's Practical Erotica Adventures (for review from the publisher)

Wednesday:

Nothing

Thursday:

The Canadian Weather Trivia Calendar - this is a full size 2010 calendar

(for review from the publisher)

Living Outside the Lines by Lesley Choyce (Canadian author) (for review from the publisher)

Love Under Cover by Jessica Brody (for review from the publisher and the author)

Lit a memoir by Mary Karr (for review by the publisher)

Death Message by Mark Billingham (I think this one came from a Shelf-Awareness offer)

Friday:

The Shoe Princess Guide to the Galaxy by Emma Bowd (British Chick Lit) (for review from the publisher).


A BIG thank you goes out to all the publishers and the authors who are sooooo thoughtful. I am grateful.

As you can see, I received lots and lots of great stuff this week which kind of makes up for the last month or so where things have been very dead. I am thrilled because I now have my "holiday" books to read.

As some of you may know, I started a new job in September at McGill University (yes folks! the number 1 rated University in Canada according to McLean's magazine AND the 12th highest (and only Canadian university) in the world as rated by Times Higher-QS! we can go toe to toe with Harvard, Yale and Oxford ANY DAY :) anyway, the University is closed between Christmas and New Years (my first time ever working for an employer who will be closed during this time so I had to stock up on good reading material.

Having said that, I was looking around my house and noticed how the books have been having book babies again! These books just somehow seem to multiply without me realizing it! Here is a picture of my work area (and yes, it does look like that all the time - the only thing I can squeeze on my desk is a cup of tea or coffee - which, by the way, is quite dangerous as I have seen many a cups of coffee fly off the desk and crash to the floor by a falling book!


I also took a picture of my library - which is STILL overflowing with Archies that I bought this summer at a flea market AND all my other books. I know that to some, this may not seem like a lot, but I am a true Virgo and I hate clutter and having too many piles around - so I try to keep my piles contained in one library, but as you can see its starting to spill over!!!! BUT I LOVE BOOKS WHAT CAN I DO????


I am also excited! The weekend of November 14th and 15th, Chapters and Indigo our two major (and really only) bookstores are offering all books at 25% off (yes folks, THAT IS a big event in the book world in Montreal as these sales come about once every 3 years or so). I already have a list of about 4 books that I want to buy (sigh!).


Well, that's all I have for now, feel free to post your comments, I love to read them!!! Thanks!









2 comments:

cindysloveofbooks said...

Tina you have such a tiny desk. I was surprised Pinkie didn't make an appearance. :)

bermudaonion said...

I'm so impressed that you work at McGill! I first learned of it through Kathy Reichs' books. My books have been multiplying too!

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the My Time kit by Studio Thaty Borges