2024 READING CHALLENGE

2024 Reading Challenge

2024 Reading Challenge
Tina has read 0 books toward her goal of 39 books.
hide

Thursday, December 10, 2009

REVIEW for L.A. Candy



Thank you Melissa for sending me a copy of this book!




TITLE: L.A. Candy

AUTHOR: Lauren Conrad

GENRE: YA

RATING: 2 Stars
I am an adult who enjoys reading YA and I have found that the offerings out there today are absolutely wonderful. However, unfortunately, L.A. Candy is not one of them. I actually have no idea (or had) who Lauren Conrad was so I pretty well started reading this one with no pre conceived ideas.
However, it quickly became apparent to me that the writing in this book is extremely immature (I cringed everytime the two main characters mentioned going out to pick up *boys*) made me feel as though I was in high school and we were giggling behind a locker at some of the *boys* going by. Come on, at some point, they stop being boys and become men.
Although I liked the friendship between the two main characters, I just could not get pass the immature and generic writing of this one.

1 comment:

bermudaonion said...

Sorry this didn't work for you.

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the My Time kit by Studio Thaty Borges