2024 READING CHALLENGE

2024 Reading Challenge

2024 Reading Challenge
Tina has read 0 books toward her goal of 39 books.
hide

Monday, December 14, 2009

REVIEW for Six Seconds


Thank you Adam at Harlequin for sending me this book!






TITLE: Six Seconds
AUTHOR: Rick Mofina
GENRE: Thriller

RATING: 4 Stars
Six Seconds by Rick Mofina combines some of my favorite genres - mainly a thriller with a main plotline about saving the world from a deadly event -on a very, very tight deadline.
From the first paragraph, Mofina goes at warp speed with his thriller and does not stop until the last word. We meet Jack Conlin who is now back from Iraq and is being shadowed by a woman who saved his life - but she has very specific plans for him and through manipulation, she will attempt to make sure that Conlin is a focal part of her plan.
On the other side of the country, a little girl is drowning and as she whispers her secrets, the time bomb is now ticking. This book is full of twists and turns and I loved that I never knew exactly what was coming next - I also loved that all the threads of seemingly unrelated stories end up being all tied together to an event that will alter (or destroy) the world!
Loved it! and loved the ending - which I did not see coming.

2 comments:

bermudaonion said...

I had no idea Harlequin published books like this - I thought they were all about romance. This sounds like something I'd like.

Donna said...

Other than the little girl drowning (I dislike reading about things like that!), this sounds like something I would like too. Great review, Tina!

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the My Time kit by Studio Thaty Borges