2024 READING CHALLENGE

2024 Reading Challenge

2024 Reading Challenge
Tina has read 0 books toward her goal of 39 books.
hide

Saturday, January 16, 2010

IN MY MAILBOX

I thought I would participate this week in the In My Mailbox loop since I got such great stuff this week!

This post is inspired by http://www.thestorysiren.com/search/label/in%20my%20mailbox.

Things were incredibly quiet on the book front in December and early January, but they really picked up this week.


I arrived home to find a huge (and I do mean huge) box of books from Scholastic Books for review! The publicist there knows my taste in books perfectly and she sent me the following books (and not ONE vampire, ghost or undead person book in the lot - thankfully!): This is me when I arrived home with my box (thank you Nikole!):


  • Wherever Nina Lies by Lynn Weingarten

  • What I Saw and How I LIed by Judy Blundell

  • Girls in Love by Hailey Abbott

  • How to Make a Bird by Martine Murray

  • Stolen by Lucy Christopher

  • I Now Pronounce you Someone Else

From the people at Sourcebooks I received for review:

  • Beautiful People by Wendy Holden

  • My Own Personal Soap Opera by Libby Malin (read her first one and loved it)

From the authors:

  • Love Struck by Chantel Simmons (great Canadian chick lit author)

  • Home is Where the Wine is by Laurie Perry (loved her first one and was dying to read this one)

From various sources:


  • The Diet Joke by Lisa Pedace

  • THe Mayo Clinic Diet book and journal

  • The Boneyard by Michelle Gagnon (from a great international Bookmooch friend)

As you can see, this was a great, great week. I also won the following blog contest:



  • a pair of hand knitted mitts from:
    http://haleymathiot.blogspot.com/2010/01/winners.html. This is doubly exciting because I don't normally ever win contests that I enter through blogs AND I am a knitter who somehow never seems to be able to knit mitts - so it will be a great gift!

Finally, a few cool things that I discovered this week:

  • A neat new TV show on life and weight its called: Carnie Wilson: Unstappled on GSN. Just watched the first episode and really liked it alot

  • "24" stars a new run (possibly its last) on Sunday night at 9:00 p.m. on FOX

Also received an email from one of my favorite chick lit authors, Beth Kendrick who confirmed to me that she sent me, through the mail, a proof of her newest book Second Time Around which will be released in March 2010. I am salivating at the thought of reading this one.


That's it for this past week!







2 comments:

bermudaonion said...

Wow, you did have a great week! I see why you have a big smile on your face.

cindysloveofbooks said...

Tina you had a super great week with books. Enjoy them all. Looking forward to all your reviews.

Love the pic, you can tell someone was happy.

See you tomorrow.

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the My Time kit by Studio Thaty Borges