2024 READING CHALLENGE

2024 Reading Challenge

2024 Reading Challenge
Tina has read 0 books toward her goal of 39 books.
hide

Friday, January 15, 2010

REVIEW for Chatelaine Earn Spend Save


As always, a big thank you goes out to the wonderful Erika at John Wiley & Sons Canada for sending me this book!



TITLE: Chatelaine Earn Spend Save
AUTHOR: Kira Vermond
GENRE: Personal Finance

RATING: 4 Stars
I am always on the look out for personal finance books that are written for ME - the layperson who is just trying to pick up a few tricks along the way.Well, Earn Spend Save was perfect for me, based on Chatelaine columnist Kira Vermond's research on all things "women and finance" this book is loaded with great information and tricks. Not only does it look at how you can earn your money, it also looks at ways to spend it smartly and how to save it smartly.This book is actually aimed at women!! what a novel concept - one of my biggest beefs with personal finance books is that they are always targeting men or families - what about us single women?

So I was doubly thrilled to read this one.The book is sectioned off very well and takes a logical look at all money events that can happen in your life. The beginning of the book has some very practical charts - i.e. for your budgeting that I decided to use in 2010. I also like the fact that the book gradually moves itself up to a six month step-by-step plan to get you on your financial feet.

This is the perfect time to read this book - get your finances healthy and growing in 2010!!!This book is a must read for all women who are wondering about their financial future - whether you have $1.00 or $100,000.00.

2 comments:

cindysloveofbooks said...

Sounds like a good book Tina. I have to agree alot of the books are aimed at men.

Happy saving in 2010. :) See you soon.

bermudaonion said...

My problem with finance books is that they're usually too complicated for me - this one sounds like it's a good fit for "regular" people.

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the My Time kit by Studio Thaty Borges