2024 READING CHALLENGE

2024 Reading Challenge

2024 Reading Challenge
Tina has read 0 books toward her goal of 39 books.
hide

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

REVIEW for The Cougar Club

A big, big thank you to Susan McBride for so kindly sending me a copy of her book!







TITLE: The Cougar Club

AUTHOR: Susan McBride

GENRE: Chick Lit

RATING: 4 Stars




The Cougar Club has everything that I love in a chick lit book, particularly the fact that this book is written about women who are over the "young" age of 40 something and are looking for younger men! Gasp!!!!! I loved it!!!! Its about time we reverse the roles here and this book basically describes my life to a "T". Yes, people, there are no guys my age left (or at least it feels that way) and actually, one of the only men I have ever loved was 10 years younger than I - so, I had a lot invested in reading this novel.

First of all, the characters are smart and witty and interesting. No wimpy little "poor me" characteres here and led by Kate - they are about to go on an interesting and kind of scary trek into the world of dating younger men.

The writing, although very smart, is also funny and down to earth. I found myself shaking my head at so many of the descriptions in the book and particularly at the reflections made by the women as they try to naviguate their way through romance and men of all ages.

I also like that the overall message is positive and optimistic - never give up on love (although I have, personally, wanted to do this many times). I loved, this chick lit book and I suggest you get to know The Cougar Club.



3 comments:

bermudaonion said...

I have a feeling this is going to be a popular book! You've made me want to read it!

Susan McBride said...

Tina, I love your review! And I'm so happy you had fun with Cougar and really "got" it. Let me tell you, it was very cathartic to write. Phooey to double standards!

Cheers,
Susan

Booksnyc said...

thanks for the review - I like the fact that the writing is "funny, smart and down to earth" - you don't always find all three in chick lit!

I look forward to picking this one up!

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the My Time kit by Studio Thaty Borges