2024 READING CHALLENGE

2024 Reading Challenge

2024 Reading Challenge
Tina has read 0 books toward her goal of 39 books.
hide

Monday, March 1, 2010

REVIEW for My Own Personal Soap Opera


A great big thank you goes out to Danielle at Source Books for sending me this chick lit book!




TITLE: My Own Personal Soap Opera

AUTHOR: Libby Malin
GENRE: Chick Lit
RATING: 4 Stars
As you all know, I am a lover of al things chick lit - and I loved Malin's first book Fire Me, so I was really looking forward to reading this one and I loved it!

Malin has kind of tapped into my own personal fantasy - imagine if you could turn your life (and the solutions to it) into your own soap opera? that is write the story for a tv show, have other people play the parts and, hopefully, watch all it all comes out in the end? and, on top of that, get paid doing it!

The premise of the book is great and I instantly fell in love with Frankie - who is both smart and silly and frankly, has a life that I am not sure I would want, especially since she has two men fighting for her - or is it 3 or 4 or 5???

Whatever - she simply has to write about it and it will all get figured out on national TV.

The writing is sharp and clean and Malin obviously enjoys writing and this comes through in both her storyline and her character development.

I love chick lit that can be both funny and carry a message and this one does - and I loved, loved it!

2 comments:

Ng said...

This sounds like a fab book. Libby Malin is definitely an author I need to buy!

Wall-to-wall books said...

Now this looks like a good book.
I haven't read "Fire Me" but I have heard of it.
Thanks for the review!

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the My Time kit by Studio Thaty Borges