2024 READING CHALLENGE

2024 Reading Challenge

2024 Reading Challenge
Tina has read 0 books toward her goal of 39 books.
hide

Monday, March 22, 2010

REVIEWfor Making the Most of your Money Now

A big thank you goes out to the author for being so kind in sending me a copy of her book!

TITLE: Making the Most of your Money Now

AUTHOR: Jane Bryant

GENRE: Personal Finance

RATING: 4 Stars

I just finished reading Making the Most of Your Money Now and I have to say that this is probably one of the most thoroughly researched, informative and complete books I have EVER read on personal finance. This book is huge (the size of a dictionary) and covers off everything you could possibly ever need to know about personal finance - be it debt (this one is covered in great detail), major purchases, investment, retirement (of particular interest to me) and everything else that you can possibly lump into personal finance.

The author is never preachy, but manages to get her points across - its important to stay out of debt and to think of your future NOW! I liked the down to earth manner in which the author explains the facts to us - using everyday words and staying away from a bunch of boring and scary graphs and analytics that, for the average person, means nothing concrete.

This book is to be used a a bedside guide to all your finance questions.





1 comment:

Linda Nguyen said...

The size of a dictionary?? I think I'd be intimidated by such a book, but I'll probably need a book just like it when I make me some money. =)

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the My Time kit by Studio Thaty Borges