2024 READING CHALLENGE

2024 Reading Challenge

2024 Reading Challenge
Tina has read 0 books toward her goal of 39 books.
hide

Saturday, April 17, 2010

REVIEW for My Invisible Boyfriend

Another HUGE thank you to Nikole at Scholastic Books Canada for sending me this great, great read!





TITLE: My Invisible Boyfriend

AUTHOR: Susie Day

GENRE: YA

RATING: 4 Stars




I loved reading Invisible Boyfriend, partly because the storyline is so creative and cute - I mean, really, who, in high school did not have the thought of creating the "perfect" boyfriend - you know, the one that you could never really find in real life because - let's face it - the perfect boyfriend does not exist other than in our own minds.

I loved the Heidi character because she was fun, engaging and smart - which is always something that I look for in my main characters - no wishy washy girls need apply! The only part that I thought was a bit predictable was the "guy falling for Heidi" and while I do see why he is brought into the storyline, it felt as though i had read this part before.

Nonetheless, once I got use to his contribution to the storyline, I once again, found myself totally egaged and in love with this book. Sharply written, with great humor and wit - loved it.

3 comments:

bermudaonion said...

I think everyone has imagine the perfect boyfriend when they were in high school.

cindysloveofbooks said...

Okay where were these kind of books back in the day. I will definetly have to look for this book the next time I am out.

Morgan said...

This sounds like a really cute book and I'm so glad you liked it. Great review, I'm defiantly adding it to my wishlist!

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the My Time kit by Studio Thaty Borges