2024 READING CHALLENGE

2024 Reading Challenge

2024 Reading Challenge
Tina has read 0 books toward her goal of 39 books.
hide

Saturday, May 1, 2010

REVIEW for Tim Horton

Thank you to Lori at Fitzhenry & Whiteside for sending me this great little piece of Canadiana!

TITLE: Tim Horton
AUTHOR: Don Quinlan

GENRE: YA


RATING: 4 Stars



Okay, I have to admit that other than the Tim Horton coffee, I had absolutely no idea that this man also, at one time played hockey (albeit, it was NOT for THE only key team in hockey). So, I was completely fascinated to read this nifty little book.

This book is aimed at a YA audience, preferably one that enjoys all things hockey and it is extremely well written and well researched. Written in a very down to earth manner - obviously remembering the target audience, this book is extremely informative with some great little pictures - I thoroughly enjoyed it and it is certainly worth a good read over.

The books from this publishing house somehow always manage to combine the informative and the entertaining in one complete package.

4 comments:

bermudaonion said...

We had Canadian friends visit about a year ago and she filled me in on all things Tim Horton!

cindysloveofbooks said...

Tina I haven't read this book yet since you passed it on to me but I am really looking forward to readign this.

I knew a little bit about the man since I have to admit that I worked at Tim's for a few years when I lived in NB (before moving here) but looking forward to reading more about him.

Wall-to-wall books said...

Oh wow, I love Tim Hortons! Actually my hubby and I are going there today! I love their cappuccino!

Great post.

Donna said...

I'm like you, Tina. I had not idea that Tim Horton was a hockey player. Nice review!

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the My Time kit by Studio Thaty Borges