2024 READING CHALLENGE

2024 Reading Challenge

2024 Reading Challenge
Tina has read 0 books toward her goal of 39 books.
hide

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

REVIEW for It Matters Totally














A huge thank you to the authors for sending me a copy of this book!
TITLE: It Matters Totally
I am a recovering food addict, in fact, I will be in recovery for the rest of my life (!). So, when books like It Matters Totally comes around, I love to read them - because they inspire me to continue on.

AUTHORS: Marielle School, Lisa Natoli
GENRE: Addiction/workbook
RATING: 4 Stars
It Matters Totally is actually quite interesting - it is a mixture of "down to earth approaches" mixed in with a belief that a power that is higher than yourself will help you get through your food issues/addictions. This book is touching - and, while, at times, I felt it was a little heavy handed, it nonetheless made me stop and think about quite a few things that, frankly, I had never even thought of to look and examine. You can tell that this book was, indeed, written deep from the heart (and from some very personal experiences) and I found myself answering the questions and taking some serious time to reflect on just how I am living my life and how it can contribute to my eating disorder.
I really thought that this was the perfect tool to keep me on the right road and I am grateful for the brave people who can write a book about such a difficult and personal subject.

No comments:

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the My Time kit by Studio Thaty Borges