2024 READING CHALLENGE

2024 Reading Challenge

2024 Reading Challenge
Tina has read 0 books toward her goal of 39 books.
hide

Friday, September 17, 2010

REVIEW For Single in the City















Thank you! thank you! to Michele Gorman for sending me a copy of her new book to read and review!

TITLE:                     Single in the City

AUTHOR:               Michele Gorman

GENRE:                  Chick Lit

RATING:                4 Stars

Single in the City is a wonderful chick lit read.


I loved the premise of this book - the main character Hannah doesn't really see a future for herself in the US, so she decides to make a major move to the UK - except that she kinds of forgets that she does not have a job, housing or even a clue about the culture in the UK.

This worked for me - although, I have to say that I would never be quite as "adventurous" or "stupid" depending in your point of view, I loved all the possibilities this type of plotline offered up and author Gorman takes full advantage of it.

Yes, this book is about boy meets girl, but it is also about friendship (I love the friendship between the main character and Stacy. But I also loved the message - of "go for it" and "believe in yourself and in faith".

The book is at times, hilarious, touching and always, always entertaining.

If you are looking for a chick lit that will absolutely boost your mood and encourage you to "go for it", then you will definitely want to read this one.

3 comments:

Mary (Bookfan) said...

Oh, this sounds like such a fun novel. Nice review!

bermudaonion said...

I wouldn't be that adventurous either, but sometimes I wish I was. Sounds like a fun book!

cindysloveofbooks said...

Well Tina I can actually relate to the main character. I did that when i moved to Montreal. Well its not as drastic as the UK but still,

This sounds like a great book.

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the My Time kit by Studio Thaty Borges