2024 READING CHALLENGE

2024 Reading Challenge

2024 Reading Challenge
Tina has read 0 books toward her goal of 39 books.
hide

Saturday, November 27, 2010

REVIEW for Mo & Malaya Visit the Nurse

I have said this before, but the wonderful people at Fitzhenry offers some of the most culturally diverse and beautiful children’s books I have ever seen. I am always so proud and happy to read and review these books as I think they are a wonderful addition to any library and a ‘must’ for any child.
The variety of subjects covered is truly amazing and each and every book is lovingly created – with detailed and brightly colored illustrations that naturally entice your child to sit, read, listen and discover.

Moe and Malaya Visit the Nurse is another entry that I completely adored. This book is cleverly disguised as a charming read – all the while describing and introducing the nursing profession.

How many times have it been said that ‘the love and passion for a particular profession’ has been discovered in youth? What better way to introduce your children to the many professions open to them – especially one as noble as nursing?

Moe is six years old and looking for some adventure – so, along with her cousin Malaya they visit the nurse’s office and discover a world they never expected.

The illustrations are so adorable and the storyline is so cute that I just wanted to eat this book up. In fact, my friend’s little girl loved this story and made me read it to her 3 times!

Of course, once I finished the book, the questions started……why do nurses wear white?, why, why, why and I loved it.

1 comment:

bermudaonion said...

I love that their books are culturally diverse. A lot of nurses don't wear white in the US these days.

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the My Time kit by Studio Thaty Borges