2024 READING CHALLENGE

2024 Reading Challenge

2024 Reading Challenge
Tina has read 0 books toward her goal of 39 books.
hide

Monday, January 24, 2011

REVIEW for Wild Geese














Once again, a big thank you goes out to Red Deer Press for sending me this wonderful book.

TITLE:                  Wild Geese

AUTHOR:             Caroline Pignat

GENRE:                YA

RATING:              4 Stars


Wild Geese is the sequel to Greener Grass which is another book that I reviewed for Red Deer Press a whil ago.

Wild Geese introduces us to two main characters find themselves in Ireland during the famine and then to Upper Canada in an attempt to find a better life, despite everything they have to endure.

I am kind of ashamed to admit that I don't know much about alot about issues like the famine or even what was happening in Upper Canada during this time frame.  This is one of the reasons that I love reading these beautifully written books.  Secondly, these books are often incorporating Canada which I love to read about in a novel.  Finally, I love that the characters in this book are strong and persistant - despite everything they are going through.  It makes me appreciate just easy life really is today.

The pace of this book was perfect and I found the description of the various locations just perfect - not too much details - which can easily drag the story down!
I love, love it.

No comments:

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the My Time kit by Studio Thaty Borges