2024 READING CHALLENGE

2024 Reading Challenge

2024 Reading Challenge
Tina has read 0 books toward her goal of 39 books.
hide

Friday, February 4, 2011

REVIEW for the Cuisinart Prep 9-Cup Food Processor from CSN STORES


Everyone who knows me – even just a little bit is acutely aware of the fact that I am incredibly challenged when it comes to anything in the kitchen.

While I would love to say that I am a wonderful cook and/or baker, the truth is, I am highly incompetent in the kitchen. Most of this stems from the fact that I don’t actually enjoy cooking – as I have issues surrounding food. This means that the less time I spend preparing food, the better in some way.

Having said this, I made a 2011 resolution to spend more time creating healthy meals. Fortunately, I was incredibly lucky to receive the Cuisinart Prep 9-Cup Food Processor in Aluminum.

Firstly, this machine is impressive. It does just about anything except eat the food for you. It dices, slices, blends, mashes and anything else you may need. The machine comes with a series of accessories, which have come in handy for making absolutely every type of recipe possible.
Secondly, the machine looks good on the counter. It fits in perfectly with the décor and does not take up as much room as I thought it would be.

Thirdly, the machine is very easy to use, once you get the ‘hang’ of what each accessory is for and how best to use it. Fortunately, you get both a user guide and a handy DVD that explains the entire process. While I cringed at the thought of using a machine that actually needs a DVD explanation on its usages, it turns out that the entire process was surprisingly simple.
The only downside I can see and I feel this way about EVERY kitchen accessory I have – is the cleaning. Unfortunately, they have yet to make a kitchen devices that will simply auto-clean itself in an instant once you are done with it. Sure, they have auto clean ovens, but really, how great are they?

This means that I had to spend considerable time cleaning the machine and the accessories and while some might argue that I could have used that time to simply cut and dice my own food – I have to say how much I enjoyed not having to fight with the bigger vegetables (think Rutabaga) as I tried desperately to cut it.

Overall, I am very happy with it.










2 comments:

bermudaonion said...

I'm the same way! I don't use a lot of the gadgets I have because I don't want to clean them. I'm glad you're enjoying your cuisinart!

cindysloveofbooks said...

Great review Tina. I am happy you are enjoying the cuisinart and discovering new recipes.

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the My Time kit by Studio Thaty Borges