2024 READING CHALLENGE

2024 Reading Challenge

2024 Reading Challenge
Tina has read 0 books toward her goal of 39 books.
hide

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

MY SPECIAL READING AREA

I have two very special areas in my home.  One is my little "spiritual" area, where I practice yoga, do some meditation and write in my journal. I love my little space.




However, being a true book lover, I have also decided that I needed a very special reading area.  This is definitely going to be a "me" space, where I can sit down, relax with a good pot of tea and read, read, read. 




I have of late been giving this area alot of thought - I want to make sure it looks and feels just right. I want it to be soothing, but I also want it to be "perfect" for reading - day or night.  Thankfully, I already have the wing back chair and ottoman and, I have recently bought a great little side table.  However, I have been wondering exactly what kind of lighting will be best.  This means I get to pick and choose from a variety of great table lamps (a great reason to go shopping!). 


Here is "the" one that I have fallen in love with - perfect for my home.  Definitely practical, but also wonderfully zen looking.






Of course, I love the fact that table lamps are great accessories for any room, but in my case, because it is going to be used for such practical reasons (ok, I admit, I also want it to be pretty), I am thrilled that I can sit back in the comfort of my home and browse through one of my favorite online stores, CSN Stores.  I love the amazing amount of choices I am offered and I find that, for someone like me, who has limited (read - almost none) decorating skills, I get some great ideas on how to turn my home (and my reading space) into the kind of spot I can truly feel comfortable, cozy and happy in.


Its always a mystery to me how we managed to get anything done before the Internet (yes people, I am THAT old that I can actually remember a time when shopping meant spending hours and hours walking from one store to the other :)







2 comments:

Laura at Library of Clean Reads said...

Tina, that lamp is just beautiful and I think it matches your tea set too! It's great to have a little reading nook. My daughter and I created one for her room in a corner with a bean bag chair and a bookshelf. She just loves it!

Wall-to-wall books said...

Oh that tea pot and cup of tea looks so cozy! It was 10 degrees here this morning! So that hot tea looks inviting. I have a wingback chair also where I do most of my reading!

Love the lamp too.

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the My Time kit by Studio Thaty Borges