2024 READING CHALLENGE

2024 Reading Challenge

2024 Reading Challenge
Tina has read 0 books toward her goal of 39 books.
hide

Sunday, May 29, 2011

REVIEW for Broken Justice

Author Kirby Taylor was kind enough to send me a copy of his book to read and review.

TITLE:            Broken Justice

AUTHOR:       Kirby Taylor

GENRE:         Thriller

RATING:       4 Stars

I did not know what to expect when I started Broken Justice as I have been having a heck of a time finding thrillers that are engrossing, all the while keeping me guessing about the ending.

Fortunately, Broken Justice actually delivers just this.

The main character, Sean Shadow (got to admit I hated this name as it sounded cliche and a bit over the top). While I may not have liked the name, I loved the character because - well, he was a combination of macho cop (who gets dealt a blow to his ego) gifted with intelligence and an innovative way of getting to the truth (and the bottom) of a crime.

Shadow drove the book for me, as I found myself enjoying his various methods of proving to himself and to the world that he is "the" better investigator, all the while, proving that he actually is.

The ride was fun and the writing, for the most part, was engaging, although I have to say that, at times, once again, I found some of the dialogue a little stilted and/or cliche.

However, this is a minor complaint as the character and the plotline were engrossing - a job well done on delivering a great thriller.

1 comment:

bermudaonion said...

I think dialogue is the probably the hardest thing to write, so I can overlook it when it's not just perfect. This sounds good to me.

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the My Time kit by Studio Thaty Borges