2024 READING CHALLENGE

2024 Reading Challenge

2024 Reading Challenge
Tina has read 0 books toward her goal of 39 books.
hide

Saturday, July 16, 2011

REVIEW for Spoiled

Once again, I owe another big thank you to the peole at Little, Brown and Company, Books for Young Readers for sending me this book.

TITLE:            Spoiled

AUTHORS:    Heather Cocks and Jessica Morgan

GENRE:         YA

RATING:       3 Stars

I really, really wanted to love this book.  Why?  because it sounded right up my alley and I was salivating at the thought of reading about a bunch of girls who live to be mean to other girls (I guess I was just in the mood for something juicy and a little mean).  Instead I ended up only liking this one.


Unfortunately, while Spoiled certainly is not a bad read, it also wasn't as captivating as I would have hoped.  At times, I found myself  having to motivate myself to read on, even when I wanted to basically put the book aside.  I was having a hard time focusing on the storyline for any period of time.


I think the problem, for me, was that I felt as though I had read this plotline before and not much had been added to it to make it different.

Not a bad read, just not what I expected.

No comments:

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the My Time kit by Studio Thaty Borges