2024 READING CHALLENGE

2024 Reading Challenge

2024 Reading Challenge
Tina has read 0 books toward her goal of 39 books.
hide

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

REVIEW for The Faculty Club

Thank you to Simon & Schuster for sending this book along to me.

TITLE:                   The Faculty Club

AUTHOR:              Danny Tobey

GENRE:                 Thriller/Horror

RATING:                4 Stars

I had heard so many different things about this book that I was absolutely dying to get my hands on it and check it out for myself.

The Faculty Club is exactly the type I love.  Part thriller and part horror - all with a school setting that, quite frankly, gave me the creeps.  Yep, this book is creepy, from the first chapter where our main character, who is just a little too eager to succeed, to the last page where you feel as though you have gone on quite a ride of natural and supernatural events.

Jeremy Davis is finally at law school and is being noticed.  In fact, he is on the short list as a nomination for the highly secretive a V and D - a secret society located at his school.  It is rumored that if you "get in", your future is assured.

However, Davis gets alot more than he bargained for when he is not chosen and sets up to discover what (and who) this club is all above.

The description of the rituals and the dialogue is great as I felt as though I was right in the room with them.  I love all the hush/hush happenings and the constantly unanswered or half answered questions.  It felt to me as though most of this book was set in deep, dark corners with conversations being conducted in half tones.

As we near the middle to end of the book, you can start seeing alot more supernatural powers at work - which is fine with me as I thought they fit in quite well with the storyline and the original set up.

The writing drew me in and the dialogue is spot on. I loved it.

1 comment:

bermudaonion said...

This sounds like a real page turner!

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the My Time kit by Studio Thaty Borges