2024 READING CHALLENGE

2024 Reading Challenge

2024 Reading Challenge
Tina has read 0 books toward her goal of 39 books.
hide

Monday, November 7, 2011

BEA in 2012 will you ever get here?


If you are a regular reader of this blog, then you know that I have a few 'life' themes that keep popping up!


The first one is that I love, love books - obviously.  This blog was born out of this love of reading and exchanging opinions about books.


The second one is that I suffer from an eating disorder, which, for the most part, I have been dealing with and doing the things that I need to do to stay healthy.


While my love of books has been flourishing, my food issues have been creeping back up lately and have been exasperated by the fact that I broke my foot and can no longer go to the gym (or even take a nice long walk for that matter).


I admit that going to the gym for me is the same as having my teeth pulled out without benefit of novacaine, but I was still doing it in order to stay relatively sane (cauz when my food is crazy, trust me, so is my head).


So, since I am pretty well stuck in this maze for another 4 to 6 weeks (that is when the dr. tells me I *should* be back on my feet, I have decided to enlist your help in order to keep me honest!


I have given myself until BEA in 2012 (which is the first week of June) to loose the weight that I have gained in the last while which is somewhere between 20 and 25 lbs which is amazing to me!!! My weight doesn't creep up it just lands on me and clings there!




Anyway,  I am going to start going back to Weight Watchers which I haven't been overly successful with in the past, but will try again as I know a few good friends who swear by it.


I will also be focusing more on going to 12 step meetings and finding my spiritual side, which i seem to have put aside as of late.  I can never seem to balance my day to day life with my spiritual side and that is ALWAYS a challenge for me - time to do more work on this aspect I guess as I know that when I am focused on being a better person and doing things for other people (as opposed to focusing on Tina's issues) I always feel better.


Finally, I am also hoping to take all the $$$ I am presently spending on unhealthy foods and redirecting it to my BEA fund (which has also been suffering as of late).


I am sharing this with you because I need to stay honest about what i am doing, which means coming on this blog once a week and honestly reporting how my eating (and hopefully weight loss) is going.


Feel free to post suggestions or ideas or even recipes :)  everything is appreciated as I cannot do this all by myself.


Hopefully, once the foot heals I can start doing the dreaded gym workouts again!


Thank you for being there and supporting me.  I can't wait for BEA 2012 to get here!

5 comments:

bermudaonion said...

I didn't realize you've broken your foot - I bet that is seriously frustrating.

I really don't have any suggestions, but I do think putting your junk food money into your BEA fund is a fabulous idea! Good luck!

avisannschild said...

Good luck with your goals, Tina -- and I hope we both make it to BEA in 2012!

Lisa (starmetal_oak) said...

Good luck!! And I'll see you at BEA next year!! It's going to be awesome!

Donna said...

I admire your determination to go to the gym in spite of how much you dislike it. I can't say the same! I know Weight Watchers has worked for some people but I can't personally say one way or the other since I've never done it. I really hope it works for you this time though. Good luck!

Admin said...

Hi Tina,

My sympathies. If you are able to do some work with light weights - just a kilo for each hand (they're cheap to buy); even lying on the bed doing some flies or just pushing them into the air, that would help keep your endorphins up while you're recuperating. My experience: more endorphins, less appetite. Good luck!

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the My Time kit by Studio Thaty Borges