2024 READING CHALLENGE

2024 Reading Challenge

2024 Reading Challenge
Tina has read 0 books toward her goal of 39 books.
hide

Saturday, November 5, 2011

REVIEW for Dieting with my Dog


A huge, huge thank you goes out to author Peggy Frezon for so generously sending me a copy of her wonderful book!!!

TITLE:             Dieting with my Dog

AUTHOR:        Peggy Frezon


GENRE:          Memoir

RATING:        5 Stars

I rarely give 5 stars - but this book truly deserves it. Unlike many, many diet books out there (or diet memoir books) this book was simply a joy to read. While, of course, the main point of the book was the author's struggle with her weight and how she dealt with it, the stories she shares, as well as the absolutely gorgeous and adorable pictures of her dog (and home) are what truly sets this book apart from so many others.

This is not an overly book and it actually reads more like a friend talking to another friend. There are no long and boring involved stories, but rather some cute stories (and some less cute but very touching stories)about a woman who is trying to get her weight (and her life) on track with the help of her adored pet.

I can't say how much I enjoyed reading this book. It made me smile and it made me want to go out and get a dog (which my cat would definitely NOT enjoy).

As I mentioned the pictures are great and I really fell in love with the picture of the house right next to a tranquil lake. I have actually taken that one out of the book and posted next to my desk.

This is a heartwarming story for those of us who struggle with weight, but it is also a heartwarming story for all of us who love our pets.

Loved it.

No comments:

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the My Time kit by Studio Thaty Borges