2024 READING CHALLENGE

2024 Reading Challenge

2024 Reading Challenge
Tina has read 0 books toward her goal of 39 books.
hide

Sunday, June 10, 2012

NYC and BEA - Day 2

Sunday, June 3, 2012


Sunday in NYC was my only "non book" related day.  This is the day that I met my good friend Margie, who came down from Connecticut to spend the day with me.  We hadn't seen each other in  5 years, so it was great to see her.


We met at Grand Central station (I took the audio tour of Grand Central and thought it was absolutely fascinating).  Did you know that over 700,000 people go through this station every day?  The audio tape mentioned that this was the equivalent of the population of an entire town in the US, but now, I can't remember which one.  I was quite amazed by this little fact considering the fact that this building was almost demolished at one point.

Its truly beautiful in Grand Central, but I have to vouch for the fact that this place is busy - wasn't quite sure I would spot Margie, but I did! thank goodness.


The oustside of Grand Central Station

Margie had made reservations at the restaurant Serendipity and I was excited because this was featured in the John Cusack movie (love him) by the same name.  Apparently, this is a very busy restaurant so we got in line before it even opened.








The chocolate sundaes are amazing in this place, but I was good!



Their menu selection was huge as you can easily see by the fact that I am completely hidden by it! (My kind of menu!).


I love this picture of Margie and I !


Margie and I use to do a lot of figure skating shows, so we are use to travelling together and doing lots and lots of walking.  So, we decided to hit NYC on foot and this is the day that I walked the most.  For the fun of it, I wore my pedometer and logged in almost 37,000 steps.  According to Dr. Oz, 12, 000 steps a day is healthy, so I was incredibly healthy that day.


Margie works at Macy's which means she gets a discount on anything she buys.  We headed to Macy's in NYC (which is apparently the biggest dept store in the world - something I quickly discovered when I saw the mass (and I do mean) mass of shoppers in there.  I managed to find 2 cute shirts and a great New York City hoodie (this is odd for me since I am not a clothes shopper) - no trip in the US would be complete without the purchase of some coffee - coconut flavored K-cups (score!). I also found a reusable filter that can be used in lieu of k-cups which means that I can basically buy any bagged flavored coffee and use it in my Keurig machine. Thank you Margie for mentioning this to me.


Here are some of the sights we saw:


 We walked by Bloomingdales!
I had to have my picture taken with Hello Kitty in Times Square (my new Facebook picture by the way).  




We had dinner at the Bumba Gump Shrimp Co. which was right across from Good Morning America's studios in Times Square.  The food was really good and it was exciting to watch all the action on Times Square.


We also checked out the flea market in Hell's Kitchen but neither of us was particularly impressed.  We also got caught in the rain a few times, although the day had started out clear and sunny.


What fun.  I loved walking around NYC with Margie and it was terrific seeing her again.  


No book titles for today though.  Check in tomorrow for more.

1 comment:

bermudaonion said...

Sounds like a great way to spend the day with an old friend.

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the My Time kit by Studio Thaty Borges