2024 READING CHALLENGE

2024 Reading Challenge

2024 Reading Challenge
Tina has read 0 books toward her goal of 39 books.
hide

Tuesday, December 25, 2012

REVIEW for When I Fall in Love



Thank you to the wonderful Avon publishing company for sending me a copy of this book.


TITLE:               When I Fall in Love

AUTHOR:          Miranda Dickinson

GENRE:             Fiction

RATING:           

Wow, what a great novel.  My favorite part? The seaside town of Brighton – a locale that I will probably never visit, but the author somehow managed to make me feel as though I was actually there J and you gotta love that in a book.

If I had to describe this book I would say its about ‘life lessons’ and it starts with Elsie who has been dealt a hard reality and thanks to this, decides to follow her dreams.  This is the catalyst for what becomes an absolutely enchanting story about what happens when you decide to ‘go for it’ and follow your dreams (even if they happen to take you in a whole different direction).

It is obvious to me that Dickinson’s strength is her ability to create incredibly individualistic characters, each with their own quirks and personality traits.  She manages to blend them all into a storyline that is both believable and fun, fun, fun.

I found myself wishin I was Elsie and I could spend some time at  ‘Sundae and Cher’.

I loved this novel.

1 comment:

Laura at Library of Clean Reads said...

This book sounds wonderful! The kind of book to get lost in on a snowy evening.

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the My Time kit by Studio Thaty Borges