2024 READING CHALLENGE

2024 Reading Challenge

2024 Reading Challenge
Tina has read 0 books toward her goal of 39 books.
hide

Sunday, June 2, 2013

OKAY, So it's NOT quite BEA....

I decided to trek to our main library yesterday as I was informed that one of my reservations was available.

Now, our main library is not that great looking - its pretty new and it has the absolutely ugliest architecture you can imagine - which is weird for a city that has preserved so many of its old buildings.



For me, a "real" library should be housed in an old building with lots of charm.  I have seen this time and time again in the US - in fact, Montpellier, Vermont has one of the coziest libraries I have ever seen (complete with real fireplace).

Montpellier Libary


The library is SO NOT like this.  Of course, the contents of the library are equally important and, while the Montreal library has increased its English selection, I have to admit that I mainly hit the library for DVDs or CDs and NOT books.

Having said that, I was pleasantly surprised to see that they were holding their annual sale in their lobby yesterday.  Okay, so its not BEA (or anywhere near it) but it was fun to go through the offerings.



I ended up buying:

-  Michael Jackson Greatest Hits History Volume 1 CD    for $2.00












-  Anne Frasier -  Before I Wake            for $1.00














-  Thom Racina  -  Deep Freeze             for $1.00


As I was leaving the library I saw this poster - it caught my eye!!!!!

English translation:  Half of the world are women!!!!


LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Laura at Library of Clean Reads said...

I know, I like old buildings for libraries too. We had a library book sale also, and I was more picky about the books I chose this time, mainly because my bookcases are overflowing!

bermudaonion said...

The libraries in our county are all new and ugly too. :/

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the My Time kit by Studio Thaty Borges