2024 READING CHALLENGE

2024 Reading Challenge

2024 Reading Challenge
Tina has read 0 books toward her goal of 39 books.
hide

Wednesday, May 21, 2014

REVIEW for I Am Pilgrim




Thank you to Simon & Schuster Canada for sending me a copy of this book.

TITLE:              I Am Pilgrim

AUTHOR:        Terry Hayes

GENRE:           Thriller

RATING:          3.5 stars


I will admit, I was a little intimidated by the length of this book. I am usually better with medium sized reads.  However, I had heard many, many good things about this book and really wanted to read it.


The story is one that can absolutely happen in this day and age - a bio-terror plot to kill as many people as possible and its all the mastermind of one maniac who is so far gone into his own belief system that he can't see anything else.


In comes Pilgrim who is part of a secret department of the government - they don't exist which makes Pilgrim, in my opinion, that much more dangerous.


This book is intriguing and kept me reading.  I love the Pilgrim character because, when it comes to this type of read, I love it when the main character is larger than life and that is certainly the case here.


The race to get to the bad guy is exciting although I have to say, it was a little too drawn out at times. I found myself skipping a few pages ahead because the details were getting in the way of the action.


The main character was fun and I really got behind him.  He was fearless and made me want to root for him. 


The plot was cleverly devised and at times, I actually wondered if the "good" guys were going to succeed in thwarting this scheme.  The mastermind behind it all was easy to hate, even knowing his background and why he was doing all of this.


In the end, this book was enjoyable and a fun read, although it really could have done the job with fewer pages.


Still, I am happy to have read this one and it really was an intriguing read.

No comments:

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the My Time kit by Studio Thaty Borges