2024 READING CHALLENGE

2024 Reading Challenge

2024 Reading Challenge
Tina has read 0 books toward her goal of 39 books.
hide

Saturday, January 31, 2015

REVIEW for Walking on Trampolines



Thank you to the wonderful people at Simon & Schuster Canada for sending me a copy of this book.

TITLE:              Walking on Trampolines

AUTHOR:         Frances Whiting

GENRE:            Fiction
RATING:     

Okay, in full disclosure mode, I am NOT usually a fan of this type of fiction, however, the plot was very interesting to me - mainly because I lived something very similar when I was a young girl and a YA (minus the sleeping with the guy).

For many years, I could not get him and us out of my mind and when I read this book, it brought it all back.  The pain, suffering, emotions and ultimately the decisions that are made by Annabelle, Lulu and Josh then and now make this book a compelling read - mainly because the question kept coming to me "do we make decisions" or "are our actions and thoughts (and decisions already planned for us)??? having thought of this very often through my life, I have always believed that our lives are predestined, which means that no matter what Annabelle, Lulu and Josh did or didn't do, the end result was already determined.  

Reading this book - comparing it to my life and believing that everything is predetermined, gave me a take on this plot that was both discouraging, empowering and a tad sad.

Can friendship survive betrayal and bad choices?  Only the powers that be can answer that - unfortunately, but this book WAS a very good read, but having said that, I realize that even me reading this book was not an accident.

I know this was a bit of a weird review, but I guess this book really made me think - which is never a bad thing :) 

2 comments:

bermudaonion said...

I can't wait to read this!

cindysloveofbooks said...

I use to feel that what happened in life was our own choices/decisions but the older I got the more I realized that I think our lives are all planned out and that things happen for a reason or purpose.

I saw this book and instantly thought this is your kind of book but I think perhaps you were meant to read it now and at this time.

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the My Time kit by Studio Thaty Borges