2024 READING CHALLENGE

2024 Reading Challenge

2024 Reading Challenge
Tina has read 0 books toward her goal of 39 books.
hide

Friday, October 5, 2018

Book review for The Damage Done by PJ Parrish

How much do I love Louis Kincaid??? This book was excellent.  



TITLE:       The Damage Done

AUTHOR:  PJ Parrish

GENRE:     Thriller

RATING:     20000000000000000 Stars!!!!!!!


I don't normally attach myself to a character, in fact, there are only 4 characters that I adore - James Patterson's Alex Cross, William Tapply's Brady Coyne, Faye Kellerman's Peter Decker and P.J. Parrish's Louis Kincaid.  As with Patterson, Kellerman and Tapply, I hate reading any book that is out of the series and P.J. Parrish had been focusing on doing exactly this for the last while, much to my chagrin and dismay.

Having said that, I was absolutely thrilled when I accidentally found The Damage Done.  In fact, between Parrish writing out of series books and apparently not writing all that much anymore, I had almost given up on the Kincaid character!

The main storyline crosses an open murder case with an old cold case.  As always, the Parish sisters have a masterful way of building the thrill.  Louis is not the "get in a car chase to get my man" type of detective, but rather, he puts the pieces together than relies on his gut.  The way the authors build the clues one on top of the other, sprinkling them here and there is wonderful.  You get to put the pieces together as a reader and follow along as Louis slowly unwinds the winding road.

In this book, Louis is actually back as a police officer, which is a nice touch.  He once again meetsup with Steele, his nemesis and now they have to work together.

What works best in this novel is the clever flashbacks that Louis has about his own childhood.  Some memories forgotten come back and the reader gets to discover a lot more about Louis and why he is the way he is.  

Thankfully Jo only has a very brief appearance in this one.  The only book I did not like in the Kincaid series was the one where Jo is featured prominently.  I hate when authors do this. I want to read about Kincaid, not about his lover.

I am so sorry this book is finished.  I hope we don't have to wait another 5? 7? years for the Parrish sisters to give us another Louis Kincaid.

No comments:

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the My Time kit by Studio Thaty Borges