2024 READING CHALLENGE

2024 Reading Challenge

2024 Reading Challenge
Tina has read 0 books toward her goal of 39 books.
hide

Thursday, March 19, 2020

BOOK REVIEW for Saving Sara by Sara Somers





Thank you to "SHE WRITES PRESS"  for sending me an electronic copy of this book to read and review


TITLE:  Saving Sara

AUTHOR:   Sara Somers

GENRE:  Memoir


RATING  3 stars

I  really wanted to like this book a lot.  Instead it was just okay.

I could not believe it.  Finally, a memoir on eating disorders that focused on binge eating, instead of the usual anorexia or bulimia.  As an extra bonus, OA was actually mentioned in a positive way.  I read a lot of books on addiction, so I was excited to read about binge eating and OA.

I don't know why I wasn't into this book.  The writing was okay, but I think, for me, this memoir lacked the emotion I normally find in books on addiction.  

I am sure that the author felt all the emotions while living her story, but I am not sure she managed to convey it on paper.

No comments:

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the My Time kit by Studio Thaty Borges