2024 READING CHALLENGE

2024 Reading Challenge

2024 Reading Challenge
Tina has read 0 books toward her goal of 39 books.
hide

Sunday, May 29, 2022

BOOK REVIEW for When The Moon Turns to Blood by Leah Sottile

 


Than you to Twelve Books for sending me an e-book to read and review.

TITLE:        When the Moon Turns to Blood

AUTHOR:   Leah Sottile

GENRE:       Non fiction

RATING:     2 stars

I am very interested in this case and was hoping this book would detail timelines and focus on the situation while supplying pertinent information.

Well, I got lots of details, unfortunately, these details actually managed to ruin the story. This author was all over the place with this book and supplied a bunch of useless info.


Unlike other people who have reviewed this book, I thought there was wayyyyy too much info on the Mormons and the LDS. After which, the author felt the need to spend several pages detailing other women who have killed. Ugh!

I lost it when the opening line in one of the chapters was "In the 16th century". I just wanted to say "who cares about the 16th century?"

After that, I gave up and did not finish the mess that is this book.

It's pretty hard to turn this true crime story into a boring one, but this author managed to do just that.

No comments:

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the My Time kit by Studio Thaty Borges