2024 READING CHALLENGE

2024 Reading Challenge

2024 Reading Challenge
Tina has read 0 books toward her goal of 39 books.
hide

Tuesday, August 16, 2022

BOOK REVIEW for Your Table i Ready by Michael Cecchi-Azzolina

 


Thank you to St-Martin's Press for sending me this ebook to read and review.


TITLE:        Your Table is Ready

AUTHOR:  Michael Cecchi-Azzolina

GENRE:     Non fiction

RATING:    4 stars

I love these juicy, behind the scene looks, especially if they are restaurant tales and involve food, although the food takes a definite back seat to all the characters who walked through the doors of that restaurant.

I have always thought working in the food industry must be really difficult.  The good, the bad and the ugly on a daily basis and Michael pretty much confirms all my preconceived ideas.

The author writes his memoir with an open heart and gives us a true insider's world that melds royalty, the rich, the bad and the average guest all of whom give the author a story to tell.

Pacing is excellent and I keep expecting the author to whisper to me "come here girl, I have so much juicy gossip for you".  

As far as I am concerned pacing is EVERYTHING, but if you don't have a flair for telling your story, the book will go nowhere.  NOT the case here.
Thank you to the author as well for writing such an interesting book.

#YourTableisReady

Michael Cecchi-Azzolina
Instagram: @cecchisnyc

St. Martin's Press


No comments:

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the My Time kit by Studio Thaty Borges