2024 READING CHALLENGE

2024 Reading Challenge

2024 Reading Challenge
Tina has read 0 books toward her goal of 39 books.
hide

Thursday, May 6, 2010

REVIEW for Angels, Vampires & Douche Bags


Thank you! Carla!!! for so kindly sending me a copy of your book!






TITLE: Angels, Vampires & Douche Bags

AUTHOR: Carla Collins

GENRE: Humor

RATING: 4 Stars
I am a little bit in awe of Carla Collins. She has the body and the height that I have always dreamed of, she is funny AND she hasn't sold her soul to the show biz devil. Instead, she looks like a regular girl who is trying to figure it all out - from careers to husbands.
I have been a big fan of Carla's show Carlawood and love her stand up. This is why I was so excited to read Angels, Vampires and Douchebags - I just knew that, somehow, Carla would figure out a way to write a book that could be both funny and inspirational and this one truly is. Carla somehow manages to combine show business - with spirituality.
This is not an easy thing to do and, unlike many other celebrities who claim to seek spirituality (minus the meds), I believe Collins actually does it because she truly believes in its benefits. This is evident throughout the entire book. She writes hysterically about situations she has found herself in or has observed and she does, at times, bring in other people's experiences (in relation to her own life) and while you are laughing and saying "that is crazy - but I have been there", you also, somehow, pick up on the underlying message - of goodness and hope.
I loved, loved reading this book. Carla's humor is crazy - my favorite was her line about "Carla Collins Power Ranger". I am constantly amazed at people who can see the humor in any situation! It is also obvious that Collins is also deeply committed to her angels - her dogs and I do know that Carla's dog passed away a few months ago (although he does appear in the book) so it made reading about him doubly touching. I am really happy to see that even though Collins has chosen to make a career in a business that can easily steal your soul - hers appears to be intact and in the right place.
BUY THIS BOOK - it is hysterically funny.

3 comments:

bermudaonion said...

Oh my, that's quite a title! I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Wall-to-wall books said...

I have never heard of her! but this book looks great! I love funny books that make me laugh so hard I am crying.

cindysloveofbooks said...

I am addicted to Carlawood. She is so funny. Glad you enjoyed the book Tina. I am thinking I have to add this to my TB list.

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the My Time kit by Studio Thaty Borges