2024 READING CHALLENGE

2024 Reading Challenge

2024 Reading Challenge
Tina has read 0 books toward her goal of 39 books.
hide

Monday, August 23, 2010

REVIEW for Love, Sex and Deception


















Thank you to the Cadence Marketing Group for sending me a copy of this book.

TITLE:                  Love, Sex and Deception

AUTHORS:          Lisa Hultin and Claire Hultin

GENRE:               Self-Help/Relationships/Stories

RATING:             4 Stars

I found myself immediately drawn into the writing, as well as the stories presented in Love, Sex & Deception - about online dating. Who knew that this type of book would actually ever exist? especially since 25years ago, this would have been a non topic - to say the least.


Firstly, I wasn't really sure if I wanted to laugh, scream or cry as I was reading the variety of stories from everyday people who are simply, it appears, trying to find their true love - one painful dating episode at a time. Actually, I alternated between all of these emotions myself as I was reading this book.

I have to say that after reading this book - I will definitely NEVER be looking onlie for any type of relationship - it is truly a scary experience.

The writing is very well done - down to earth, honest, funny and at times, heart tugging. I really ended up feeling for many of these people - and, if anything, this book has shown me just how screwed up we have all become about love, dating and even the INternet.

I continue to argue that while technology may be a good thing in some instances, it has been incredibly harmful in other ways.

This book is entertaining and a very easy read, I loved it.

1 comment:

bermudaonion said...

It sounds like an interesting book, but I know quite a few people who have met someone through online dating, so I don't think it should be written off - just approached with caution.

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the My Time kit by Studio Thaty Borges