2024 READING CHALLENGE

2024 Reading Challenge

2024 Reading Challenge
Tina has read 0 books toward her goal of 39 books.
hide

Monday, September 6, 2010

REVIEW for The Limit










Thank you to Simon & Schuster for helping me to discover a great new voice in YA thrillers!

TITLE:                        The Limit


AUTHOR:                   Kristen Landon


GENRE:                      YA Thriller


RATING:                    4 Stars

I have to admit that I don't read any type of YA thrillers.  In fact, I have seriously cut down on reading any thriller mainly because I found the storyline so typical.

I was, therefore, thrilled to read The Limit.  This is a very intersting thriller - aimed at a YA audience, but, frankly, could be enjoyed by any age group.


The premise of this book is quie captivating - "kids are being taken away to special workhouses if their families exceed the financial debt limited exposed by the government".  Although this may seem far fetched, it still felt very timely and actually made me sit back and wonder just how far we would all go if the economy got really, really bad.

Matt, the main character and the one the story is created around is a wonderful character.  Smart, mature and yet, immature at times, he somehow finds himself with more information than he needed or wanted and now finds himself having to "do the greater good".

Its hard to detail this story without giving too much away, suffice it to say that the action is non stop and at tines, heart stopping.

I loved the pace which never lets up and the author does not burden us with too many boring details - but rather, let's the story speak for itself.

1 comment:

bermudaonion said...

I love the premise of this book. It sounds like a good thriller that might teach YA readers a thing or two.

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the My Time kit by Studio Thaty Borges