2024 READING CHALLENGE

2024 Reading Challenge

2024 Reading Challenge
Tina has read 0 books toward her goal of 39 books.
hide

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

REVIEW for Velocity


















Thank you to Jennifer for sending along a copy of this book to me.


TITLE:                 Velocity

AUTHOR:            Alan Jacobson

GENRE:               Thriller

RATING;              4 Stars

FBI profiler Karen Vail is back in this sequel to the book Crush.  I had never really read this author before an I was thrilled with Crush so I was really looking forward to this one. 

Velocity is what I happily describe as being the perfect thriller.  Vail is working hard at putting the "back" guys away, but in the process she might accidentally have gotten her lover killed - as he is now missing and she is incredibly worried.  She decides to do everything she can to find him and put the "guilty" parties away - for good.

What follow is an absolute crazy ride of a thriller.  There is literally not one minute of down time- creating a maze of twists and turns and blurring the lines between who the good guys are and who the bad ones are.  Everytime I thought I had it all figured out, I discovered that I was wrong.

This is the type of thriller I love - no knowing to the end what is really going on - and wondering how on earth the author could have gotten me there in the first place. Loved it!

1 comment:

bermudaonion said...

I love books like this - sounds like it has lots of twists and turns.

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the My Time kit by Studio Thaty Borges